Wednesday 14 October 2009

Design Philosophy

After thinking about my identity as a designer and putting together my design philosophy I feel much happier about starting major project preparation. It really got me to think about things that are important to me and how I develop my style. At first I felt really uptight and worried about the project, but now I have started to look into my identity things are beginning to fall into place. After just feeling completely confused and unhappy yesterday I started questioning myself and what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, something I found upsetting at the time, but I can look at everything in a different light today. I needed to stop over worrying about everything and think personally about my ideas and talk them through in a tutorial and have somebody listen to them, and it really helped. I think when I woke up this morning I had a different view and positive outlook on what I hope to get out of this unit. I am excited about exploring new techniques and different pathways and the most important thing is making sure even if certain processes don't have successful outcomes, it will all go towards building a foundation of knowledge to support my final collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment