Monday 21 September 2009

Graduate Fashion Week 09

For the past two years I have gone to Graduate fashion Week and dressed for the Arts Institute shows. Its an amazing event, and the stands are fantastic, and its interesting to see what other students are producing. I feel its important to go to GFW to support the graduating students, dress for the show and get an inside look at all the garments and styling. The collections this year were unbelievable, the concepts and realisation of designs were astounding. When I was there I felt a real buzz being backstage, waiting for the show to start is so exciting! When ever I get a chance to dress for a show or get involved in some way I always take it, I've gained some really good experience from attending GFW for the past two years, I would like to think this will help me this year when I have completed my collection. I feel really strongly this year that I have my sights set high but if I'm dedicated enough there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to achieve them. From my first year of FDA Fashion I attended GFW and was just blown away, I thought this is it this is what I want do, I really am going to push my self this year to hopefully make to GFW. I know the selection process is very tough as there will be an extreme number of designers this year, and a tiny amount of places. However I'm not going to let that put me off, I will keep my head down and go for it. On the other hand I am aware its not the end of the world if I don't get in, there are still great opportunities to come. All in all in was a great day, well worth the early start! AIB did fantastically and I feel very proud to be part of AIB and represent them.

No comments:

Post a Comment